|Support the Museum | Contact Us
Join Us on Facebook®
Museum Hours & Admission Rates
Tuesdays through Saturdays 10AM to 4PM
CLOSED MONDAYS & SUNDAYS & Major Holidays
(2014 Thanksgiving Weekend-CLOSED Thursday, Nov. 27th & Friday, Nov. 28th/ OPEN Sat. Nov. 29th 10am-4pm)
2014 Admission Rates:
Individual Prices: Adults: $8 Seniors: (62+): $6 Children: (7–17): $6
Children: (6 and younger): FREE (with admission of an adult or senior)
Group Rates for 10 or more by request.
The Fire Museum of Greater Cincinnati opened to the public in 1980. Since then, people have come from all over the United Statesand even from many foreign countriesto learn about the proud history of firefighting in our country.
The artifact collection is a big reason crowds gather at the Fire Museum of Greater Cincinnati. It contains unique items that help outline the evolution of firefighting in Cincinnati and across the country.
Highlights from this artifact collection include:
- Thomas Tucker Leather Fire Bucket
- Dates back to: 1850
- Early Cincinnati fire ordinances stated that all able men had to own and maintain one of these fire buckets with their name on it.
- Fire-Alarm Drum
- Dates back to: 1808 to 1824
- Prior to other fire communication advancements, this gigantic drum served as a fire alarm when it sounded from the top of a carpenter shop on Walnut Street in downtown Cincinnati.
- Ahrens-Fox Steam Pumper
- Dates back to: 1884
- Originally from: Aurora, IN